Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week #6 October 4 - October 10

Where I work, we have a weekly potluck lunch each Thursday. People that are interested sign up to make lunch for others that take part. This past week it was my turn. I made two soups: apple, cheddar, onion (veg) and pasta, chickpea, and sausage. Both turned out great. I also made two pies: the chocolate peanut butter and mixed berry.

Holding true to my promise to myself, I made the crusts for both pies. I found a recipe on chow.com, which is a great resource for recipes and food topics on the web.



The dough was easy enough to make. And I blind baked the crust. Because I was already making a custard/chocolate style pie, I wanted to make a fruit pie. I decided on mixed berry, because I was in Aldi, and saw some frozen mixed berries.



Overall, a success. Everyone enjoyed. I served it with fresh whipped cream. I'll post the recipe when I find it. One thing that I noticed was that the filling was more liquidy than I would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment