Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week #8 October 18 - 24

This week I made two pies because it was my last week at my current office after being there for nine months. An advantage or some would say disadvantage of my job is that I travel through rotations in different areas of the country. I'm currently in Milwaukee, WI. It's a real great city, but I've been missing my Sandy a lot.

Back to the story, I made a cinnamon chocolate angel food pie as my new pie of the week. I was looking for a pie with cinnamon and chocolate. Here is the recipe.

What made this different from other pies that I had made was that there was a layer of meringue on the bottom. I'm yet to make a pie with meringue on top, so needless to say I wasn't exactly thrilled about trying this out. I couldn't get it thick enough, but decided to try baking it in the oven for the time it called for. It basically exploded. But, it did go down. Then I added the other layers.



I actually didn't get a piece, because it went too quickly. But, all of my coworkers really enjoyed it. The other pie I made was the spiced apple and pear. Another hit. Made me feel good that people appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment