Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week #24 February 7 - 13

For Valentine's Day coming up, this week I made a chocolate-strawberry pie on Sunday, and brought it into work on Monday. The pie had a regular crust, with a chocolate filling. Topped with a layer of strawberries, and then whipped cream. Here is the recipe.

The layer of chocolate was good, but a problem that I had was that it was very stiff. It used a whole package of mini-marshmallows with the melted chocolate. Even after I cooled it, and whipped it to fluff it up, it still didn't seem to get a lighter texture that I was looking for.

Unfortunately, I had the opposite problems with the strawberries. I cooked a portion of them, and then added some whole. But the didn't thicken the way I would have liked to. So I had a too firm layer of chocolate, topped with a too liquid layer of strawberries.

But, my co-workers appeared to enjoy it. I would try this pie again, but use a different recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment