Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week #33 April 11 - 17

This week I continued with the cream pie theme, and made a recipe that has been staring me in the face for a long time. It is a hybrid between a banana cream and coconut cream. Or aptly titled, "Banoconut Cream Pie". This recipe comes from Chow, one of my favorite food resources.

The recipe calls for a layer of bananas on top of the crust. Then the next layer is the coconut filling. Followed by the standard whipped cream. And to top it off, a sprinkle of toasted coconut.



This was definitely one of the better looking pies I've made. I may have put too much whipped cream on top, but I didn't hear any complaints. As opposed to the last banana cream and coconut cream pies I made, this one turned out pretty well. If I were to have one complaint about the taste, it is that the coconut filling wasn't strong enough. But overall, when I hear, "This is my favorite pie you've made so far young man" it's a good feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I have more than a mild curiosity as to what role, if any, the athletic tape played in the creation of this pie.

    ReplyDelete