Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week #31 March 28 - April 3

For my pie this week, I stuck with the pudding pies in Bubby's book, and made a chocolate pudding pie. What was interesting was that I actually found two, yes 2 mistakes in the recipe that I made. I was able to use my best judgement. But aren't there editors that are supposed to correct these things?

Regardless, I think it is safe to say that this was the best chocolate pie that I have made. It is made very similar to the vanilla pudding pie. Except I used a traditional pastry crust instead of a graham cracker crust. The chocolate is melted in a double boiler and then added at the end of the process before the filling is cooled.

Not to brag, but not only was this pie the best tasting chocolate pie that I made, but it also seemed to be the closest one that I made to being of a more professional caliber.

I wanted to get a picture, but by the time I grabbed my phone to get a picture, it was gone. It was eaten in under 5 minutes by my coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment