Monday, March 28, 2011

Week #30 - March 21 - 27

This week I cracked open Bubby's Homemade Pies, and came across a recipe for vanilla pudding pie. I was skeptical, because I feel like vanilla isn't necessarily a flavor that is in pies a lot. But, I made up my mind to give it a shot.



The pie actually looks very similar to a key lime pie. Probably because it calls for a full cup, or about 12 egg yolks. It also called fo a vanilla bean. I had never cooked with one before. They are long and thin, but pack a ton of flavor.

It was a crazy process mixing the ingredients together. With all the egg yolks, they book made reference that if you didn't mix correctly you would have scrambled eggs. But I must have done something correctly, because everything turned out all right. The pudding was by far better than any pudding I've ever made out of a box. I think overall this is a keeper, especially when you want a rich dessert that isn't chocolate based.

No comments:

Post a Comment