Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week #27 January 28 - February 6

I've been saying for quite some time that I want to make non-dessert pies. Or as some might say, "savory". This past week my mom sent me a recipe for an onion pie. It seemed simple, and I decided to give it a shot.

Let me also state that I don't consider a quiche a pie. I know it is similar, but I decided long ago that I would not consider a quiche a pie for this project of mine. That being said, the onion pie has some definite quiche qualities.

For starters, I made way too much filling for the pie crust. I actually had enough to make two pies. Second, this pie isn't the heartiest. I've been eating it along with soup, but on it's own, it isn't a meal. And lastly, because it has egg in it, along with sour cream, there is an eggy type consistency, similar to a quiche.

But I've enjoyed in. A good break in tradition. And a nice warm slice of this is a great way to beat the dog-days of winter, as this one has been barking for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment