Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week #38 May 16 - 22

I was feeling ambitious this week and made two pies. The first was just a random idea I had for a Chai Pie. You know, like chai tea. Well, I looked online, and found this fellow.

Instead of making an almond crust, I just made a regular graham cracker crust. The taste was good, but I had a few problems. The first was that the pie didn't really get too firm. I know it isn't going to be a real firm pie, but it just didn't hold it's shape like I would have hoped. The second issue I had came with the chai whipped cream. For the life of me, I had a tough time getting this into a real "whipped" cream form. I made it twice, and both times, a fail.


The second pie I made was a chocolate raspberry. I like raspberries, and think they usually get shoved to the back because our friend the strawberry is more popular. I just googled "chocolate raspberry pie", and this beauty came up.

I have to say, I was impressed by this pie. Normally I am not a huge chocolate fan, but something about the thin layer of chocolate on top really was a nice touch. There was no one ingredient overbearing. Just a nice blend of chocolate, raspberries, and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment