Friday, July 15, 2011

Week #44 June 27 - July 3

One of my co-workers is named Lindsey. She "claims" she doesn't like pie. Yet it just so happens that she has given me three great ideas for pies: dirt, chocolate chip, and this week's pie called boatsinker. I really had no idea what to think when the recipe calls for 5 sticks of butter. But I figured I'd give it a try.

I ended up making 3 pie shells, because I knew that I would be making a hefty amount of filling. Also, on a side note, I've had a number of compliments on my pie crust recently. I think I'm getting the hang of it better. I'm using slightly more water than I used to, which is holding it together better than before. And it is easier to roll out.

I had to add almost a half hour on the bake time. I'm not sure if it was because I was cooking three pies or what. Not a huge deal, but just something to be aware of.



The pie was about what I expected. Which is both rich and sweet. Not my favorite, but people seemed to like it. Something that I did notice was that it seemed to separate when cooking. I think it had to do something with the recipe. Which called for cooking melting the butter in the microwave for 9 minutes without stirring. In the future I would take it out and mix it while melting the ingredients in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment