Friday, July 15, 2011

Week #43 June 20 - 26

It has been almost a month since I've updated this thing. For week #43 my friend Ashley at work gave me a bunch of rhubarb. I knew I needed to redeem myself after the less than stellar strawberry rhubarb. I decided on a raspberry rhubarb.

I used my Bubby's Pies book for the recipe, so I'm not going to bother writing it down here. If you really want it, let me know. Although I'm pretty convinced no once reads this. Except for maybe 6 people a week. I digress.

So I made sure to add extra thickener this time, which ended up being tapioca. And I also changed things up and made a lattice crust. Which ended up being the best lattice crust I've made to date.



It was one of the best fruit pies I've made in a long time. It wasn't too sweet, but still had some nice flavor. The consistency was terrific. It will definitely be made again.

No comments:

Post a Comment