Sunday, September 12, 2010

What is this all about?

Last year, there was a show on MTV called "The Buried Life". I liked this show because it talked about setting goals. This is something that I haven't done enough of lately. I recently made up my "Life List" or "Bucket List". One of the items was to make a pie a week for a year. 52 weeks. 52 different pies. Last weekend Sandy and I went apple picking, and I decided to make a pie. I figured, this is a good a time as any to start working towards this goal.

A few rules and limitations I've set for myself:

1) A different pie each week.

2) This doesn't mean that I can't make a variation. For example, if I make a peach pie. I can also make a peach and blueberry pie. But I couldn't make another peach pie, different recipe.

3) I can make pies that aren't necessarily for dessert. I plan on trying some more dinner type pies throughout this experience.

I'm not sure why I like pie. I'm not a big fan of dessert, I don't really have a sweet tooth at all. But there is something about pies that just are different. I like that there is a crust, and I feel like pies just have a more homemade quality than other desserts.

This will be a work in progress. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment