Monday, January 24, 2011

Week #21 January 17 - 23

National Pie Day is celebrated on January 23 each year. This year it fell on a Sunday, so I decided to organize a Pie Day at my work for Friday the 21st. We were able to have about 8 different people bring in pies, and we had quite the great Friday afternoon samples each others goods.

I made a Pear Ginger Maple pie that turned out great. The ginger definitely gave it a nice flavor, but the maple syrup kept it all in check. I've said it before, but I think pears are a very underrated food to cook with. Here are some pictures from our pie day.







We had a deep-dish apple pie, lemon meringue, chocolate peanut butter, strawberry cream, cherry rhubarb, pear ginger maple, chocolate raspberry, and banana cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment